The PD42′s smart design features support increased productivity in demanding environments. As a Smart Printer, it can host stand-alone applications, developed through the Intermec Fingerprint programming language, which reduces errors and streamlines operational processes. Smart Printers can eliminate the PC and control other devices directly (such as scanners, scales, applicators), improving efficiency and decreasing infrastructure costs and complexity.
The PD42′s integrated device management and diagnostic capabilities, provided through Intermec SmartSystems™ and Wavelink Avalanche™, reduce downtime and simplify deployment. With user-selectable, all-in-one programming languages (Fingerprint, IPL, ZSim, DSim, ESim), the PD42 fits existing IT infrastructures, deploying with drop-in simplicity to Intermec or mixed printer environments. Secure, industry-standard connectivity options support easy integration and fast deployment.
- Strong metal construction for demanding, medium-duty applications.
- User friendly design with full graphic display interface.
- Smart Printing capabilities support stand-alone printer applications, eliminating PC expense and complexity.
- All-in-one, user-selectable printer languages – Fingerprint/Direct Protocol (DP), IPL, ZSim, DSim and ESim – in every printer.
- Secure wireless connectivity: CCX and WiFi® certified with WPA2.
- Integrated Ethernet, USB host and device, and serial interface standard.
- Internet Protocol v6 (IPv6) support.
- Interchangeable print head provides choice of 203 or 300 dpi print resolution.
With its all-metal chassis and covers, proven printing mechanics and powerful electronics, the rugged PD42 reduces downtime and minimizes maintenance costs. The PD42′s graphical display allows users to set up, configure and fine tune printing parameters without having to send commands through the host, saving time. An open design makes media loading quick and easy, and the print head can easily be replaced without tools. The printers are co-engineered and tested with Intermec labels and other media products, ensuring optimized performance when used with genuine Intermec media.
Multiple interface options are available, including the highest level of secure wireless connectivity (WPA2). The industry’s only printers available with WiFi- and CCX-Certification, Intermec industrial printers help maintain wireless network integrity and reduce configuration time. Every printer ships with Ethernet connectivity, as well as with emerging network protocol IPv6, ensuring long-term, enterprise scalability. Other connectivity options – standard RS232 and USB ports, optional parallel port – provide additional integration flexibility.
The standard CompactFlash™ memory slot is complemented by new USB host and device support. Handy, inexpensive and PC-compatible, CompactFlash and USB memory technologies provide extra storage for Fingerprint programs, layouts, graphics*, fonts and firmware upgrades.