The PF4i’s smart design features support increased productivity in demanding environments. As a Smart Printer, the PF4i can host stand-alone applications, developed through Intermec Fingerprint programming language, which reduce errors and streamline operational processes. Smart Printers can eliminate the PC and control other devices directly (such as scanners, scales, applicators), improving efficiency and decreasing infrastructure costs and complexity.
The PF4i’s integrated device management and diagnostic capabilities, provided through Intermec SmartSystems™ and Wavelink Avalanche™, reduce downtime and simplify deployment. With its user-selectable, all-in-one programming languages (Fingerprint, IPL, ZSim, DSim), the PF4i fits existing IT infrastructures, deploying with drop-in simplicity to Intermec or mixed printer environments. Its secure, industry- standard connectivity options support easy integration and fast deployment.
The rugged, all-metal PF4i incorporates features that reduce downtime and minimize maintenance costs. Its enhanced self-strip option delivers consistent performance across multiple media types. Replacing printheads is fast and easy, thanks to the magnetic QuickMount™ printhead design. The PF4i is co-engineered and tested with Intermec labels and other media products, ensuring optimized, superior performance when used with genuine Intermec media.
- Strong, all-metal construction and superior throughput for harsh industrial environments.
- Compact size fits space constrained applications.
- Smart Printing capabilities support stand-alone printer applications, eliminating PC expense and complexity.
- All-in-one, user-selectable printer languages – Fingerprint/ Direct Protocol (DP), IPL, ZSim and DSim – in every printer.
- Secure wireless connectivity: CCX and WiFi® certified with WPA2.
- Integrated Ethernet, USB host and device, and serial interface standard.
- Internet Protocol v6 (IPv6) support.
- Interchangeable print head provides choice of 203 or 300 dpi print resolution.
Multiple interface options are available, including the highest level of secure wireless connectivity (WPA2). The industry’s only printers available with WiFi- and CCX-Certification, Intermec industrial printers help maintain wireless network integrity and reduce configuration time. Every printer ships with Ethernet connectivity, as well as with emerging network protocol IPv6, ensuring long-term, enterprise scalability. Other connectivity options – standard RS232 and USB ports, and optional parallel, double serial or industrial interfaces – provide additional integration flexibility.
The standard CompactFlash™ memory slot is complemented by new USB host and device support. Handy, inexpensive and PC-compatible, CompactFlash and USB memory technologies provide extra storage for Fingerprint programs, layouts, graphics*, fonts and firmware upgrades.