The PX4i’s smart design features support increased productivity in demanding environments. As a Smart Printer, it can host stand-alone applications, developed through Intermec Fingerprint programming language, which reduce errors and streamline operational processes. Smart Printers can eliminate the PC and control other devices directly (such as scanners, scales, applicators), improving efficiency and decreasing infrastructure costs and complexity.
The PX4i’s device management and diagnostic capabilities, provided through Intermec SmartSystems™ and Wavelink Avalanche™, reduce downtime and simplify deployment. With user-selectable, all-in-one programming languages (Fingerprint, IPL, ZSim, DSim), the PX4i fits with drop-in simplicity into Intermec or mixed printer environments. Its modular design facilitates integration into automated labeling applications and industry- standard connectivity options support fast deployment.
The rugged, all-metal PX4i delivers outstanding performance – up to 12 inches per second from first label to last – and incorporates features that reduce downtime and minimize maintenance costs. The PX4i is available with 203 or 300-dpi resolution, as well as 406 dpi for precision labeling without any loss of speed. This is ideal for compliance labeling applications with variable data requiring immediate results.
An enhanced self-strip option delivers consistent performance across multiple media types. Replacing printheads is fast and easy, thanks to the magnetic QuickMount™ printhead design. The PX4i is co-engineered and tested with Intermec labels and other media products, optimizing performance when used with genuine Intermec media.
- Strong, all-metal construction and superior throughput for 24×7 printing in harsh industrial environments.
- Ideal for high volume and compliance applications – the PX4i prints at 406 dpi without loss of speed.
- Modular design facilitates integration into automated labeling applications.
- Smart Printing capabilities support stand-alone printer applications, eliminating PC expense and complexity.
- All-in-one, user-selectable printer languages – Fingerprint/ Direct Protocol (DP), IPL, ZSim and DSim – in every printer.
- Secure wireless connectivity: CCX and WiFi® certified with WPA2.
- Integrated Ethernet, USB host and device, and serial interface standard.
- Internet Protocol v6 (IPv6) support.
- Interchangeable print head provides choice of print resolution.
Multiple interface options are available, including the highest level of secure wireless connectivity (WPA2). Available with WiFi- and CCX-Certification, Intermec industrial printers help maintain wireless network integrity and reduce configuration time. Every printer ships with Ethernet connectivity, as well as with emerging network protocol IPv6, ensuring long-term, enterprise scalability.
The standard CompactFlash™ memory slot is complemented by new USB host and device support. Handy and PC-compatible, these memory technologies provide extra storage for Fingerprint programs, layouts, graphics*, fonts and firmware upgrades.